IRAN PROTEST IMAGES IN TRIBUTE TO NEDA اقامت قوی برای آزادی

I think John F. Kennedy put it best - "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

If you don't know who Neda was take a look at this video for the story -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tINs1-...

After seeing the video of Neda, a student killed by the Basiji, I decided to make this slideshow as a small tribute to her and to the others who have died, and to all the people standing up for their freedom in Iran.

I've been watching the news and reading up on the web and can't help but say how amazed I am at the courage of these protestors. It must have taken a lot of guts to go out and protest the day after one of the most fanatical religious zealots in the world warned you not to.

Please understand that I don't necessarily think Mousavi would be a fantastic leader for Iran, but anyone who has the Guardian Council this pissed off is Ok with me. Hopefully this will lead to real lasting democratic changes in Iran and maybe even a reconcilliation between Iran and the USA.

The pictures came from all over the web, I own none of them but I assure you they are meant for distribution. The first song is a remixed version of oasis' "Boy With The Blues" while the second song is an instrumental version of Coldplay's "Fix You."

For a good Neda tribute site take a look at http://tributetoneda.com/neda/tribute...

اقامت قوی برای آزادی - Persian for "stay strong for freedom"

No comments: